Fiberglass is a new type of inorganic non-metallic materials, has the excellent performance of light weight, high strength, high temperature resistant, electric insulation and so on. As the replacement of steel pipe, wood substitutes, fiberglass can be used in the construction, transportation, electronic appliances, shipbuilding, wind energy source, aerospace and so on many domains. According to the customs statistics, 2011 January to July, zhejiang province had exported 253000 tons of fiberglass, more than last year the corresponding period by 9.1%; worth $300 million, up 22.1%; export price average $1202 every tonne, up 11.9%.
First, January-July zhejiang fiberglass export main characteristics
(1) July export average price hit a record high since 2010.
(2) More than 90% exported in general trade way.
(3) Foreign investment enterprises is the main export force.
(4) The European Union and the United States are now two major export market, in ASEAN, Saudi Arabia and so on export increase exponentially.
Second, the current concern points and related suggestions
(1) Trade protectionism growth, the impact should not be underestimated. Due to the world economic recovery is still not solid foundation, trade protection will become more fierce. In December 2010, the European Union to originating in China fiberglass anti-dumping case established its determination. The anti-dumping rate is 13.8%. Although 43.6% of the early than before cutting the anti-dumping tax rate has greatly decreased, but still lead to China’s fiberglass in the EU market less competitive. January-July, Zhejiang province exports 51000 tons fiberglass to Europe, reduced by 35.6%. In addition, India and Turkey in January this year has announced on originating in China fiberglass impose anti-dumping, anti-dumping tax rate reached 18.67% and 23.75%, respectively.
(2) Energy saving production technology exist certain disparity with foreign countries. At present, although the domestic generation platinum furnace, crucible wiredrawing, fiberglass production technology is to be being washed out gradually, turn the pure oxygen burning and electric melting and other technologies to help reduce the unit energy consumption, the technology abroad had been in full application, and began to use the more advanced top pure oxygen, internal combustion of melting and plasma torch burning melting and other new technology to replace, the energy conservation effect more apparent. According to information, domestic enterprises producing fiberglass every tons needed standard coal about 0.8 tons, and foreign basic is in 0.6 tons. In addition, fiberglass industry is also high carbon dioxide emissions industry, and there exists discharge sewage, trash, gas hazard, the environmental pollution also not allow to ignore.
(3) Downstream industry development is relatively weak, the development of the industry rely on exports excessively. Our country had reached the first place of fiberglass production in the world in 2007, the capacity mainly focus on several major enterprise, and the enterprise concentration is higher. But relative to the domestic existing fiberglass production, the development of downstream of the fiberglass products and fiberglass reinforced plastic industry is too small, and with the small and medium-sized enterprises and the low end products, which results in fiberglass industry development rely on exports excessively.
Therefore proposals: One is to speed up the implementation of the transformation and upgrade strategy, strengthen scientific research team construction and production technology innovation, strengthen the advanced production equipment investment, reduce the energy consumption and reduce damage to the environment; Two is to rely on capital market, promote the acquisition and merger pace, transformation and upgrade, structural adjustment and establish the ramp-up smooth financing channel and platform for enterprise; Three is in the market to continue to push forward the development strategy of “going out”, step up the internationalization process; Four is to guide and help the enterprises to actively respond to foreign trade barriers, strengthen analysis, good correlation preparation, and avoid unnecessary trade losses.